Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wandering Thoughts for May 26

Just a few mini-updates and links that I like this week.

- Just bought the new Tenth Avenue North cd called "The Light Meets The Dark" and I really like it. Its the first cd of theirs I have purchased. May buy the other one at some point too. The main theme of the CD is about sharing your struggles with others and not hiding your sins. So ya I cant seem to get away from God telling me to open up about my struggle with some people in my life as I still have not. I know that I should and I am working on it.

- Speaking of opening up I really liked the newest post on Thom's blog entitled "Has Anyone Seen My Burden?" that is also about the same subject of sharing your burdens with other Christians like it says to do in the Bible.

- I just finished reading Ravi Zacharias' book "Cries of the Heart" today. I really liked it overall although I found some parts a little dry. I especially liked the last two chapters "the cry of a lonely heart" and "the cry of God for His people".

- I got my next book that I am planning to read from Amazon.com in the mail today! Perfect timing! It is "The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom" by Henri J.M. Nouwen. I have already skimmed a few pages and it looks really interesting. Each page has a topic taken from his journals during a really hard time in his life when he was battling depression and loneliness. I am looking forward to reading it. I have heard that one of his struggles in life, not really known by the general public until his death, was with same sex attractions. So I am interested all the more in this book and to read the thoughts of a fellow struggler!

Here is a verse for the week that has really been speaking to me:

I Peter 5:7 "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

That is something I am trying to work on. There is no use worrying all the time about what may or may not happen to me tomorrow, 1, 5, or 10 years from now. Its in God's hands and I am in God's hands. I know God loves me so however my life turns out in the future I have to trust Him that He has a plan. He has shown his amazing love and faithfulness to me time and time again even though I don't deserve it and have failed Him many many times. Yet He keeps picking me up, forgiving me, and dusting me off when I fail. I am amazed by His love and how He cares so much for a sinner like me.

Hope everyone has a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, hope you have a great day. Have a couple of Nouwen's books, need to read more, very insightful. Have to check out the CD you mentioned. Always good to read your thoughts, love your sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stan Good Morning to you as well (or afternoon now). Thanks for stopping by I always appreciate your insights and comments! Maybe I will post one of Tenth Avenue North's songs tomorrow so you can hear it and see if you like them!

    ReplyDelete