Thursday, June 24, 2010

Books

Thanks for the recommendations and suggestions everyone to my post about SSA related books that I should read! Took me forever to decide which books to get. Hard to get a good feel of a book from the short samples they have on Amazon. Hopefully I made the right choices. I can always read the other ones later if I dont like these. Here are the books I ended up getting:

The Broken Image
by: Leanne Payne

and

Desires in Conflict
by: Joe Dallas

I will try to let you know what I think of them after I read them. I should be getting them from Amazon on Friday. Anyways thanks again for the replies and reviews you all gave me! Its appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. AJ,

    Good to hear from you, as well! I have been catching up on your blog since civilization found me again for a short time. Sounds like many exciting changes and realizations are happening for you as time goes by.

    I hope the books you have chosen bring you more information and insight into your own journey as you read of the paths others have found.

    Where with all shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed there to according to thy word. Psalm 119:9

    These words from David have never rang more true in my ears, as of late. The words and truth that others have found will always pale in comparison to the word of God. I try to measure all other things by how it lines up with what is established in the Bible.

    All too often, I find my own life lacking and compromise and lack of repentance seems to creep up on me, as I make excuses for my actions and try to hide myself from the one who MADE me.

    I will be praying for you and know that each piece of your puzzle you find will bring you closer to Him and help you peer into the mirror of yourself and find a way out of those walls we build around ourselves.

    Peace to you and let us know what you think of the books! Hope Summer is treating you kindly as well.

    Daemon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daemon! Really appreciate the prayers and kind words! And your right the Bible comes first before these books, but I just am interested in reading what others think about this struggle with SSA and being a Christian. Ya I will post and let everyone know what I think of the books when I finish them. Anyways thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete