Sunday, July 11, 2010

Its Not

This song seems like the story of my life sometimes.





Its Not
By:Aimee Mann

I keep going round and round on the same old circuit
A wire travels underground to a vacant lot
Where something I can't see interrupts the current
And shrinks the picture down to a tiny dot
And from behind the screen it can look so perfect
But it's not

So here I'm sitting in my car at the same old stop light
I keep waiting for a change but I don't know what
So red turns into green turning into yellow
But I'm just frozen here on the same old spot
And all I have to do is to press the pedal
But I'm not

People are tricky you can't afford to show
Anything risky anything they don't know
The moment you try - well kiss it goodbye

So baby kiss me like a drug, like a respirator
And let me fall into the dream of the astronaut
Where I get lost in space that goes on forever
And you make all the rest just an afterthought
And I believe it's you who could make it better
Though it's not
No it's not...
No it's not...



1 comment:

  1. AJ,

    Reading the words of this song just gave me the creeps. Like a mouse going around on that wheel, legs moving, getting exercise, but never leaving the confines of that drab world. My friend, please don't compare your life to this, even for a moment, it is deadening. Always keep hope alive no matter how things feel or look. God bless. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete