Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why ask Why?

I am reading through Proverbs right now and the other day I came across this short verse that spoke to me so figured I would share it with you all. Proverbs 20:24 Here is the NLT version of it:

"The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"


I took it to mean that life is confusing and we may not understand why we struggle or have hardships but in the end its for our good as the Lord is directing us and changing us into the person He wants us to be. So going through a struggle and trying to obey God is what we have to do even though we may ask questions as to why do I have to struggle with this when all my friends and family are "normal". They have their own struggles that we may not understand.

This is something I often struggle with. Over the years I have spent alot of time wondering why I struggle with SSA. I have thought over certain things that happened or did not happen that could have caused it. Wondered if only I had done this or did not do that then maybe I would have turned out different. But the truth is I will probably never know why I struggle with this. So I have to start just realizing the whys dont matter as much. As this verse says its not for us to understand the whys. Its just our job to try and obey and trust God that He will use even the toughest struggles, which sometimes this seems like this has to be one of the tougher ones, to direct our steps and draw us closer to Him and make us into the people He wants us to be in order to glorify Him in our weakness all the more.

1 comment:

  1. When I read what you have so honestly posted I think of the verses in Psalm 119:71. The NIV says, "It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees." The Message puts it this way, "My troubles turned out all for the best--they forced me to learn from your textbook." Then a couple verses later The Message says in verses 75-77, "I can see now, God, that your decisions are right; your testing has taught me what's true and right. OH, LOVE ME--AND RIGHT NOW!-HOLD ME TIGHT! Just the way you promised. Now comfort me so I can live, really live:"

    There is the line in a song I heard once which says, "If I'd never had a problem, I'd never know that God could solve them, I'd never know what faith in God could do." I'm sure like you we would wish it was some other problem, but it is ours and as we trust Him He will give us strength in our weakness. Take good care and strength to you, brother.

    ReplyDelete